Monday, February 1, 2016

1 year 4 months

Carta Semanal:
Ok, so not too much happened this week but I´d like to tell you guys how the transfers went. Elder Teasley and Elder Marim will be staying and Elder Bacca and I will be leaving. Elder Bacca will be going to a ward in Salvador called ´´Bonfim´´ and I´m going to be district leader once again in a city called ´´Jacobina´´, which is a few hours from Petrolina I imagine. My companion will be Elder A. Gomes, who´ve I´ve kind of already met before but I haven´t talked a whole lot with him. I know he has more time on the mission than me so it kind of blows me away that I´ll be leading the work with a bunch of more seasoned missionaries. Either way, I´m pretty anxious about how it´s going to be. For a few transfers, President Lisonbee had 4 assistants but now he´s only going to have two and the other two that aren´t going to be assistants anymore are going to be in my district, so I´m super excited about that because it´ll make me want to work harder.
Inline image 5
Our pday was good and us 4 went up the nearby mountain in Barreiras close to some of the radio antenas and got some sweet pictures. We went up with a few of the youth of the ward and had a great time. I´ll be sure to send you some pictures today or at least next week.
Inline image 2
I made cookies for a few of the members here as a small token of gratitude for the ones that I knew. It was neat and a lot of the members even asked me for the recipe afterwards :-)Last week was pretty quick but Elder Teasley and I last monday put some money together and made some makeshift refried bean chimichangas with enchilada sauce and they turned out pretty good.
Inline image 11
We also had another district meeting and I did a companionship exchange with Elder Shull, who´s a new missionary from Ohio and had a good time talking with him. He was a pretty funny guy and we even got to teach another english class together but nobody had really showed up but it was fun.
Inline image 12
Anyway, I don´t have a whole lot else to say, I´m just excited to see what Jacobina and my new companion have in store. I´m not too sure if I like the whole new system of transfering missionaries because I basically have to go home now and pack my bags but I´m pretty pumped. It´s kind of funny the feelings you get as you leave an area and go to the next one. You feel like you´re starting a new life all over again and it´s pretty weird but exciting at the same time. Elder Marim sure was a good guy and he´s gotten a lot better and I have no doubts he´ll do well without me and we´ll be sure to keep in touch every once in a while.

Inline image 14
We don´t have a whole lot of time today because Elder Teasley and I wanted to go to a little tshirt store and make a custom distict tshirt as a little memory of this area so we´re going to have to go there now. Just want you all to know that I read all your letters and I´m happy to know you guys had a great week. Love you all and I´m excited to tell you about the week that´s about to happen. PS, 1 year 4 months!
Love,
Elder Skinner Inline image 2
Inline image 10Inline image 14Inline image 12Inline image 6

No comments:

Post a Comment