Monday, February 15, 2016

´´Cruzeiro´´

Weekly Letter:

Imagem inline 9
It´s been getting kind of strange these days to introduce yourself to members here and they ask you ´´Elder, how much timed do you have on the mission?´´ and I respond ´´a year and four months´´, to which they respond, ´´ah! You´re already getting ready to go home!´´. It´s weird to think of how fast time has really flown by. 
Imagem inline 16
Imagem inline 14
I don´t remember if I mentioned last week, but I met a couple that have been taught by Elder Gomes and his companion and it looks like we´re going to baptize them this saturday and I´m super excited. They seem to have taken a liking to me because for some reason the way I talk is just a bit funnier. The way they said it reminded me of my other non-american companions that spoke english and I remember the way they talked was also a little bit more different so that must´ve been it. Anyway their names are Marcôni and Rosana and they´re really great people. Hope all goes well with them. 

Imagem inline 17
Early today, we went up the ´´Cruzeiro´´ because at the top there´s a cross that´s lit up at night for everyone to see and Elder Gomes and I had the desire to go all the way up. I sent some pictures for you all to see. Some really great views at the top. Imagem inline 13
Imagem inline 17
Imagem inline 15
The other day, I got to thinking though. My favorite book of mormon prophet was always Alma the Younger because of his amazing conversion story and a scripture that I was thinking of the other day was in Mosiah 28, which reads that their desires were really strong:

´´3 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.´´ 

I feel that that´s the kind of desire that all of us should have but lately I find it difficult to have a christ-like love for those who don´t value the message that we bring. It does bring some good moments of reflection though. Do we as members of the church have the same desire for those around us or are we sometimes neglecting to have a similar love for our neighbors? If it´s the latter, what do we need to change in our lives so that we can have those feelings? 
I suppose that´s all for this week. Love you all, and may the force be with you.

Imagem inline 14
-Elder Skinner
 
Marquin, the guy that ran the lanhouse in Barreiras. Wanted to take a picture with him because he would constantly ask me questions about english and what not. Also the only lan house owner that would occasionally give us snacks in the middle of writing to families. Non-member but super good guy.
Imagem inline 26
 
Saying goodbye to Barreiras
 Imagem inline 25

No comments:

Post a Comment